Human Resource Management and Business Consultancy
To develop ability to diagnose Business/HR problems and provide solutions to such problems. The learner should be able to effectively undertake consulting assignments in organizations.
At the end of this course, the learner should be able to:
- Understand the process of consulting and develop effective consulting skills and competencies.
- Develop personal consultancy qualities through use of case studies and practical experience.
Mode of study: 8 Half Saturdays or Evening Classes.
Introduction to Business Consulting
- Meaning of consultancy
- Features of consultancy
- Why consultants are used
- External and Internal Consulting
- The Consultants’ Role
- Types of Management Consulting project
- How Consultants add value to organizations.
- Essential qualities of an effective consultant
The Consultant - Client relationship
- Who is a client?
- Creating and maintaining Sound Relations
- Joint Problem Definition
- Working Relations during the Assignment
- Roles of Consultant and Client
- Why client relationships fail
Management Consulting as a Profession
- Key aspects of Professionalism in Consulting
- Success of Assignments
- The Clients’ Contribution to Consulting Ethics
- Competences, Skills and Professional Development
- Training and Development of Consultants.
Why Business Consultants are used
- How Consultants are used
- Consultancy and change
- Reasons for Change Resistance
- How to deal with resistance to change
- Organization Development interventions.
The consulting process
- Phase I: Entry/proposal development
- Phase II: Diagnosis
- Phase III: Action Planning
- Phase IV: Implementation
- Phase V: Termination
- Phase VI: Follow – up
College of Human Resource Management, Ufundi Coop Plaza, 4th floor, Moi Avenue/Moktar Daddah Street,
P.O. Box 4322-00200 Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254 (0) 20 221 7490/221 7979/224 8095 or Mobile Nos. 0727 792122/0718 781513
CHRM is an accredited Training Provider by National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) No. NITA/TRN/996
Online Training Registration & Nomination