4th EMPLOYEE & LABOR RELATIONS SYMPOSIUM
DATES: Wednesday 18th – Friday 20th September, 2019
TIME: 08.30am – 4.30pm
INVESTMENT: Ksh.50 000/= (Excl. VAT) Non-Residential
VENUE: PrideInn Paradise Beach Resort and Spa – Shanzu - Mombasa
THEME: EMPLOYEE & Labor RELATIONS! A Legal and Practical Perspective
IHRM MEMBERS – 6 CPD POINTS!
Issues pertaining to Labor Laws, Industrial Labor and Employee Relations play a major role in creating challenges for most of the HR Professionals at the Workplace. It is clear that HR Professionals are on a daily basis, being confronted by labor and employee relations issues that when not handled properly usually end up in the Industrial Court.
With this knowledge in mind, CHRM purposed to hold two (2) Symposiums each year specifically to handle Employee & Labour Relations Matters for three (3) days with a view to conclusively and exhaustively discuss issues pertaining to these two areas.
This symposium, we have introduce new topics, namely:
- Intellectual Property (IP) in HR,
- Mergers & Acquisitions,
- Employee Benefits,
- Relevant Acts; Challenges & Responses,
- Emerging Trends from the Employment & Labour Relations Court,
- Emerging Issues in E&L Relations among others.
For the first time, and due to DELEGATES’ DEMAND, we will hold the Labor Law & Employee Relations Panel Moderated Clinics for 2 Days! - Day2 & Day3. This will give us more time to tackle the Questions/Challenges at your work place and as usual will be handled by a Panel of Employee and Labor Law Experts.
SUMMIT TOPICS & SPEAKERS
DAY 1 - Topics
- Intellectual Property: Does HR have anything to do with this? - Ogwang O. Omuga
- Employee Benefits: Legal Requirement or Best Practice? - BRITAM
Issues to be tackled in the legal Clinics
Day 2: 8.30pm – 4.30pm
- Mergers & Acquisitions (Business Continuity; Preservation of Employee/Employer Rights & Responsibilities; Role of Unions; Redundancies)
- Policy Documents Formulation/Contracts
- Disciplinary Capability and Grievance (DC&G)
Day 3: 8.30am - 1.00pm
- Emerging Issues in E&L (HR Risk, Economic Crimes Act, Artificial Intelligence, Diversity & Inclusivity)
- Emerging Trends from Employment & Labour Relations Court
Downloads Available Below
1563521693_E&LRelations Nomination Form.pdf